While some people are sad to see that summer is finally gone, I am excited and welcoming the cooler weather. Since I was a kid, I have loved fall. Along with the cold weather, comes harvest time. Some of my favorite vegetables are coming into season – squash, pumpkins, parsnips, and of course, apples! I have been craving a good, juicy apple all year, not the apples that are out of season in the grocery store or shipped from across the world where apples were in season. A nice, juicy, apple straight from the tree is heaven. Let's not even talk about how much time I have wasted looking at all the wonderful apple recipes on Pinterest (or how many inches are likely going to be added to my stomach if I don't exercise my little butt off).
Living in Kentucky, I am surrounded by wonderful orchards. While some of the apples are a bit sad this year with the drought, there is still plenty to go around! Along with picking, eating, and of course baking apples, I have always loved going to local apple festivals. There are hay rides, daily duels hosted by the local Renaissance organizations, crafts, and carnival rides for the kids.
With my love of apples and the local festivals, I thought it would be great to celebrate the start of the apple season with all of my wonderful readers! Budget Earth and Mew Review are hosting thier own Fall Apple Festival and all of you are invited! Rather than having carnival rides and apple treats, all of your favorite blogs are pitching in to offer some amazing apple themed prizes to all of our readers – a Collector's Edition of Apples to Apples AND an Apple Scented Soy Candle! I know it's not a free hay ride or homemade treats, but I hope all of you will enjoy our little festival.
If you haven't heard of Apples to Apples, it is one of my favorite family games! I used to play this all the time in my classroom and with my family. Whenever someone new comes to visit and tries this game, they almost always are going to buy a copy for their own family game collection. To learn more, check Mew Review's review of Apples to Apples!
Welcome to the Fall Apple Festival Giveaway
Hosted by Budget Earth
Co-hosted by Mew Review
Before entering the Rafflecopter, please read all the rules below:
- There will be two winners in this giveaway – the first place winner will win a Collector's Edition of Apples to Apples. Second place winner will receive an Apple Scented Soy Candle.
- Giveaway ends November 1st at 12:01 am.
- Giveaway is open to US Residents Only.
- Winner will be notified through email.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email before a new winner is chosen.
- Winner be chosen through Rafflecopter via Random.com.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter giveaway.
- All entries will be verified.
- Only 1 Person Per Household May Enter.
- NO MULTIPLE ACCOUNT ENTRIES.
- Entering the Rafflecopter means you agree to all terms.
Disclosure: As a reminder, none of the writers at Budget Earth received compensation for any of the contests listed on this blog. All of the opinions on this blog are the opinions of said author and these opinions may differ from your own. Budget Earth is responsible for sponsor prize or prize shipment.