Disclosure: For this recipe, Red Gold was kind enough to send us a cooking pack filled with an apron and cans of tomatoes for the recipe. Budget Earth, however, received no monetary compensation for this recipe.
You’re invited to a party! Red Gold’s Summer Grilling Party. So what are you planning on bringing? Honestly, I’ve never manned a grill so I decided I’d bring the appetizers. Considering how late I already am to this party, I wanted to cook something that wouldn’t take much time to whip up. I just finished baking a few loaves of my favorite French baguettes, so I used Red Gold’s recipe for easy bruschetta as a starting point and decided to put my own little spin on it. Thankfully, this takes maybe ten minutes to put together so I should still make it on time. I hope they saved a veggie burger for me…
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 2 t olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic, or ¼t dried minced garlic
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1-2 T butter or buttery spread, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 French baguette, cut into ½-in slices
- Combine tomatoes, onion, olive oil, and chopped fresh basil in a medium bowl. If using the dried garlic, add it as well. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. You can make this topping as much as two hours ahead; simply cover and allow the mixture to stand at room temperature, tossing it occasionally.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush slices with the melted butter. If using fresh garlic, add it on top.
- Toast bread until tops are golden brown, watching closely to avoid burning. I tend to check about every thirty seconds, because my oven is temperamental.
In just a few days Red Gold will be ending its Red Gold Summer Grillin’ Party on its Facebook page. During the promotion, which ends July 23rd, Red Gold will be having its last weekly drawing for 1,000 aprons in addition to giving away its grand prize of a Big Green Egg Grill and Red Gold Grilling kit. You can check out the details on their Facebook page and enter here.
Disclosure: Budget Earth did not receive monetary compensation but did receive products in exchange for making this recipe. All opinions on this product are my own and may differ from our readers’ opinions.
Would you like to have your products featured in a giveaway event? Want to increase your social media exposure? Contact email@example.com to see what we can do for your company!