Disclosure: This guest post was written by Shelly Blur from Priceless Product Reviews, Giveaways, and Freebies. Susan wants to give a big thanks for providing this awesome article while she is away on vacation!
In America and other countries in the western hemisphere, many people are overweight. This is due to the lack of exercise and improper eating habits. Fast food takeout is a quick and easy lunch or dinner, and although it may fill you up for the time being, its calorie count is often very high.
As we age, our metabolism slows down. When this occurs, the ability for certain organs in our body to work at their optimal level is also diminished. As a result, any excessive caloric intake is often stored in the body, which in turn, causes us to gain unwanted pounds.
It is extremely important that you modify your eating habits early in life, to help ward off potential heart problems as well as other health-related diseases as you age. Here is a list of superfoods that will help to provide you with energy, as well as important vitamins and nutrients.
6 Superfoods That Pack a Punch
- Liver- Since time immortal, people from all cultures have eaten organ meats from animals as they contain the highest concentration of nutritional benefits. Liver is one organ meat that is very high is Vitamin A, B2, b12, Copper, B3, B5, B6, folate, and many other nutrients as well. As for cooking this organ meat, soaking it overnight in milk helps to tenderize it. It is best to fry it over medium heat after it has been seared. Toss in some peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic and tomatoes while cooking it as it will turn out tender and tasty. Avoid overcooking.
- Kale- Kale is a green vegetable that is low in fat and has a high amount of Vitamin K1. Other vitamins include Vitamin C and A. Its vitamin properties can be quickly absorbed by the body.
- Garlic- Whether taken as a supplement or eaten fresh, garlic has many benefits. It is known to lower blood pressure, kill fungus as well as bacteria.
- Eggs- Eggs are rich in protein and nutrients. The egg whites contain the protein and the nutrients are found in the egg yolks. Nutrients such as Lutein, B vitamins, iron and other nutrients can be found in eggs.Omega-3 eggs are also on the market. These eggs are the best choice for older people.
- Salmon- Salmon is considered a fatty fish. However, its fat is good fat and is known for its high concentration of Omega-3 oils. Salmon should be eaten at least once a week, if not more.
- Seaweed- Iodine is found in kelp and seaweed. Iodine is important to the thyroid gland and helps to prevent the onslaught of other diseases. Those lacking sufficient amounts of iodine in their body can result in overall fatigue.
Although many people nowadays prefer to take dietary supplements in order to meet their daily vitamin/nutrient requirements, these supplements must be taken over long periods of time in order for you to reap the benefits. Herbal teas are also beneficial for promoting a healthier lifestyle. Green tea, for example, helps to speed up the metabolism rate and should become a ritual drink in many diets.
A diet that is rich in vegetables, fruits, grains, legumes, and a small portion of meat or meat alternative is beneficial to a healthier lifestyle. Avoiding a fast food diet and eating smaller portions of food at regular intervals will help older adults get all of the needed nutrients. Remember to avoid eating heavy food late at night as your digestive system needs to be able to recoup for the busy day ahead.
Incorporating some or all of the 6 superfoods listed above will help to give your body that nutritional boost that it needs, no matter you age or lifestyle habits.
Disclosure: This was a guest post provided by Shelly Blur. If you would like to read more written by Shelly, make sure to head over to from Priceless Product Reviews, Giveaways, and Freebies. There was no compensation received by Budget Earth or Priceless Product Reviews, Giveaways, and Freebies for this post.
Would you like to have your products featured in a giveaway event? Want to increase your social media exposure? Contact email@example.com to see how I can help YOUR company today!