HALO’s owner lost a baby to SIDS and decided to start a business creating products that provide safe sleep environments for babies. If you have had a baby, you might remember coming home with the HALO Swaddle in your hospital bag. Through their products like the SleepSack, Swaddles and their newest genius creation, the Bassinet Swivel Sleeper, HALO is dedicated to keeping babies safe through the night when you can’t keep a constant watch on them. Over 1300 Swaddles have been donated to hospitals through the Safer Way to Sleep Initiative.
Here are some great safe sleep tips for moms with babies:
- ALWAYS put baby on back to sleep at nap time and night time
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
HALO Innovations is dedicated to putting the health, safety and well-being of babies first. In fact, over 1,300 hospitals use HALO® SleepSack® wearable blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. The HALO family of products, including HALO SleepSacks and SleepSack Swaddles, SwaddeSure and the best-selling HALO BassinestTM Swivel Sleeper, help children from newborn to toddler age sleep better and safer.
You can follow HALO on social media for more updates, contests and safe sleep tips:
In honor of Mother’s Day and celebrating what it means to be a mom, HALO is giving away one of their new bassinets. Share a photo of what motherhood means to you here to enter.
Two lucky winners will also receive a Swaddle or SleepSack from HALO and The Teel House. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents and will end on 5/20. Enter on the giveaway form below.
Disclosure: Participating bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions or issues with the giveaway form. Big thanks to HALO for providing the information for this post as well as the prizes.