For all of us, there are national events and tragedies that are extremely hard to forget. To me – there are two major ones that I remember happening in my own lifetime – the collapse of the Berlin Wall and 9/11. As you can guess, one was a happy moment when my family gathered around a tv – the other was everyone sitting in horror as it happened. My own 9/11 story was me preparing to go to a morning call my freshman year of college. As I was preparing to leave the house, I saw my mom left on the tv (as she did every morning before heading to work). As I was about to turn it off, I saw as the second plane hit the world trade center. Having many family members who worked and lived in NYC, it was horrifying. While none of them were hurt, everyone was touched by losing friends and family. This was truly one of those events that changes a nation.
On September 11, 2017 it will be the 16 year anniversary of the tragic event. To honor this event, a new movie will be hitting theaters today – 9/11. This awe inspiring is based on a true story and based on the original play – The Elevator.
9/11 opens in theaters on September 8 and staring Charlie Sheen and WhWhoopi Goldburg, as well as featuring an all star cast including Luis Guzman (The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3), Gina Gershon (Showgirls), Wood Harris (Justified), Jacqueline Bisset (Dancing on the Edge (BBC), Welcome to New York), Olga Fonda (The Vampire Diaries) and Bruce Davison (X-Men).
In the World Trade Center, a billionaire sits in his attorney’s office awaiting a divorce hearing against his wife. In a west side apartment, a bike messenger kisses his 5-year old daughter and sings her “Happy Birthday” before leaving for work. A maintenance man gets dispatched to help a tenant with his lock. In an upper east side apartment, a young model musters the courage to break up with her sugar daddy. As random as random can be, these individuals step into a crowded World Trade Center elevator.
Wrapped up in their own world, they all ride silently hearing only the sound of the elevator giving notice of each floor. When the elevator stops on the 34th floor, it empties leaving only these five behind. Moments later … their world changes as the collision of a jet into the North Tower incapacitates the elevator.
With no understanding of what has happened and is happening around them, these fives are forced to band together and fight against all odds to escape from the impending horrific collapse. During these critical minutes, a story of courage, faith, and the will to live unfolds.
To celebrate the opening of this new movie, we are working with 9/11 on this fun gift pack! One very lucky reader will win the following prize pack:
1 – 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen
1 – “Hope” Pendant with necklace
1 – Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
To enter, make sure to read the rules below and enter through the Rafflecopter!
Remembering 911 Prize Pack Giveaway
- One lucky reader will win a 9/11 prize pack, listed above.
- Open to US & Canada ONLY.
- Winners will be chosen at random using Random.org.
- Sweepstakes ends September 20th at 9:00 am ET.
- Winner will be notified via email.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
- Budget Earth is NOT responsible for prize fulfillment.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Only one entrant per household.
- Void where prohibited.
- Each household is only eligible to win 9/11 prize pack via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
- Entering the giveaway form means you agree to terms above.
- Any inquires need to be made to Budget Earth at email@example.com