Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
If there is one thing I love it is a good cookie recipe. When we are preparing for a movie or tv show marathon, it isn’t too uncommon for me to spend the morning baking cookies so that we have a nice snack for our movie night. While I love cookies, I sometimes don’t have time for complicated recipes, making it important that I fall back on fail safe recipes that are not only quick, but easy to make. Best of all, no one will be able to tell that this is beginner recipe, making it perfect for impressing guests, relatives, or just putting a smile on your kids faces when they want a yummy treat.
For those that are new to cooking – don’t worry. This is an awesome beginner recipe since it really is as simple as put all the ingredients in the bowl and go. Just make sure you have some milk or coffee once you are finished baking to properly enjoy this delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, salt, baking powder and soda and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.until the edges are light brown. Remove to a cookie rack to cool
- Makes 2 dozen cookies.
About Susan Bewley
Susan Bewley is a professional writer and blogger who has been writing content online and in private print format for the past decade. When not writing for Budget Earth or Mew Review, she can be found busily working on her novel or helping companies like yours get the exposure they deserve through social media or other form of media. Feel free to contact Susan for more information on how she can help your business.