Do you love quesadillas? They are very popular in our household and one of those things that we love to get whenever we are out. With apple season being here, it seemed like the perfect time to bring one of my family’s favorite foods together! At first, I thought that this may be a bit weird, but after a bit of experimenting, we came up with the perfect recipe. You may even be surprised just how yummy this quesadillas recipe is, especially after your kids taste this yummy treat!
Want to know the best part of this recipe? You can easily switch it up with other ingredients in your house. Just make sure to write down the recipes if you come up with the perfect combination and share it with us later! We love to see what our readers come up with, especially when they experiment with some of our fun recipes! This recipe also works well with THIS quesadillas maker.
Note: Special thanks to my friends Shannon at Livingston Creatives for helping me with this recipe and pictures!Print
Apple Gouda Quesadillas Recipe
Looking for a delicious quesadillas recipe with a fall twist? Try our Apple Gouda Quesadillas & see why our family loves this yummy recipe here!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Lunch or Dinner
- 2 apples, cored and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 sprigs thyme (stems removed)
- 2 tortillas or wraps
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and sliced thinly and separated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Over medium heat, start melting the butter. Make sure the pan is very hot and butter is completely melted.
- Once the pan is hot enough, start adding the onions and start to stir, to avoid burning. Keep stirring until onions caramelize (this can take 5 – 10 minutes). If the onion starts to dry out, feel free to add more butter. Remove from heat when finished.
- While the onions are caramelizing, start adding ingredients in the tortilla shells. First place apples, then thyme, and finally the gouda cheese. Add the caramelized onion and then place second tortilla on top.
- Place the quesadilla carefully in a small grill or pan on medium high heat. Heat each side thoroughly for 3 minutes.
- When both sides are crisp and cheese is melted, it is ready. Cut with a pizza slicer or sharp knife. Serve hot.