What is your favorite part of Spring and Summer? For me, it’s all the beautiful fruits and vegetables. Eating healthy is so much eats easier and I feel like guilty making homemade desserts when I know I am using only the best homemade ingredients. Lately, I have seen trying to find uses for all the wonderful blueberries I have been buying on sale. While I have a killer slow cooker oatmeal recipe with berries, I am still buying more than we can eat normally in a week. When that happened, I know it is time to start the baking! As someone who loves experimenting with cupcakes, I was excited when we made these truly delicious Blueberry Lemonade Cupcakes.
For me, this cupcake recipe is that perfect mixture of sweet and tart, creating the perfect summer dessert that everyone in the family can enjoy. Best of all, it is super easy to make, allowing me to quickly whip up this recipe and bake while I’m taking care of other weekend chores. It also has the added bonus for making our house smell pretty darn great too! If you try out our yummy Blueberry Lemonade Cupcake Recipe, make sure to tell us what you think in the comments below!
Note: Special thanks to my friends Krista from Adventures of Country Divas for helping me with this recipe and pictures!Print
Blueberry Lemonade Cupcake Recipe
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Cupcake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T Baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar for blueberries
Lemon Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- 3 cups powder sugar
- 1 cups softened butter
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 T of heavy whipping cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line your cupcake can with paper cups. Set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment on your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars (leave aside 1/4 cup of white sugar). This will take about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Slowly start adding the dry ingredients to your butter mixture. Don’t add too quickly or you will have a mess!
- Add milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly and then set aside.
- using a small sauce pan, start mixing the cup of blueberries and a 1/4 cup of sugar . Cook 5 minutes and then set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Pour blueberry mixture into batter.
- Pour into cupcake pans and cook for 18 – 20 minutes. Cool before icing.
Lemon Buttercream frosting Directions
- Using the whisk attachment on your stand or hand mixer, blend the sugar & butter for about 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add lemon juice and heavy cream. Blend for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly start adding the powdered sugar.
- Garnish with blueberries & lemon zest.