As you can see from the recipe, it is pretty straight forward and easy, making it a great choice for those nights where I didn’t put a great of planning into cooking. Feel free to tell us what you think!
Note: Special thanks to my friends Shannon at Livingston Creatives for helping me with this recipe and pictures!Print
Cauliflower Chowder Recipe
Looking for a delicious & healthy soup the whole family will love? Check out our Cauliflower Chowder Recipe here!
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Entree
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Over medium heat, start heating up a large skillet.
- Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess grease and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large. When properly heated, add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened about 3-4 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Remove bay leaf and then season with salt and pepper to taste. If the chowder is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with bacon and parsley if desired.