Disclosure: I received product for this recipe. The opinions in my review are honest and my own.
Sometimes, it’s nice to treat yourself to something special. Ever since I was a kid I have loved ice cream sandwiches. As an adult, however, I have been a bit frightened by some of the ingredients. Maybe I’m crazy, but if I can’t easily pronounce the ingredients I usually assume it shouldn’t go in my body. I have been on a kick of making my own ice cream, especially after my husband bought me a Kitchenaid Ice Cream Bowl that works with my Kitchenaid mixer. All I do is put in the freezer for two or three days and then I can whip up my favorite homemade ice cream!
With National Waffle Day here, I decided to make a unique treat for my family – homemade ice cream sandwiches. The ice cream for this recipe has the most wonderful texture, and the sweet flavor compliments the frozen waffles that make this so quick to fix. I personally love to use Vans Love Your Heart wholegrain waffles. These waffles are made from natural ingredients and have a great taste to pair with this sweet chocolate ice cream! Make sure to tell what you think of this delicious, homemade ice cream sandwich recipe!
Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich
Looking for a delicious, homemade ice cream sandwich recipe? Check out our this delightful ice cream sandwich recipe that comes together fast, thanks to the frozen waffles!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 Tablespoons of Hersey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 cup of Sugar (Pure Can Sugar Only)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup of Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 ounces of Semi-Sweet Chocolate (I use chips)
- 1 Box of Van’s Natural Foods Love Your Heart wholegrain waffles (in the frozen section)
- ) In a saucepan, mix the heavy whipping cream, cocoa, sugar, and salt . Make sure to stir constantly to keep it from sticking.
- ) Once the mixture is at a rolling boil, remove from heat.
- ) Mix the chocolate chips into the mixture until they are completely melted.
- ) Once the chocolate mixture has melted, pour in the milk and vanilla and stir.
- ) Place the liquid mixture in a blender. This will make sure there are no chocolate chunks and that the texture is even. Blend on a low to medium low setting for 1 1/2 minutes.
- ) Place the blender full of the chocolate mixture in the fridge for 6 to 8 hours. Waiting is the hard part!
- ) Take the mixture out of the fridge. Use your ice cream maker as directed. (I use my Kitchenaid Ice Cream Bowl attachment). I like the ice cream airy and fluffy so I stir mine longer than directed.
- ) Toast your Vans waffles. When finished, place ice cream between two waffles and serve!
Disclosure: Budget Earth did not receive monetary compensation for this recipe but did receive products for making the recipe. All opinions on this product are my own and ma y differ from our readers’ opinions.
Would you like to have your products featured in a giveaway event? Want to increase your social media exposure? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see how I can help YOUR company today!