Do you have those moments where you just really want a good dessert but don’t have a whole lot of time for baking? I will freely admit, with our busy schedule, that is me a lot of the time. It isn’t that I don’t like sweets, quite the opposite, but it feels like I never have time to truly relax and bake in the kitchen. This is why I try to always have quick, yummy recipes available when my husband or I have a sweet craving. Recently though, one of my friends – David from Food N Service shared with me the most delicious chocolate brownie recipe that sounded absolutely amazing – his Double Chocolate Crunch Brownies.
Of course, as a girl who absolutely loves chocolate, I HAD to have the recipe. I mean, come on, how can you not drool at the screen just looking at these brownies? What shocked me even more when I had the recipe was that they were just so easy to make! When I mean easy, I mean a grand total of five minutes prepping ingredients and 20 minutes of baking. This means you can have a delicious dessert ready for your family or for a work party in a matter in a half hour or less in the kitchen.
What made me even more excited was David giving me permission to share this wonderful recipe with all of you guys. He even took some truly amazing pictures of them too for me. If you are anything like me, you are probably excited to try this yummy recipe for yourself. Oh, and don’t worry, you probably don’t have to make a special grocery trip – all the ingredients are things you likely already have in your pantry. Are you ready to check out these yummy Double Chocolate Crunch Brownies for yourself? Just read below to check out this scrumptious brownie recipe!
- 5 Ounces Chocolate, melted
- ¾ Cup butter
- 1 ½ Cup sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup flour
- Melted chocolate to use as topping
- Crushed Oreo cookies for topping (around 6 Oreo cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 by 13 baking pan.
- In a bowl mix the melted chocolate with the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add in the flour and lightly mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a baking pan and take to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes (it should look slightly undone)
- Remove from oven. Spread some melted chocolate and top with the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Let them cool, cut and serve
- Tips: They are super fudgy and chocolaty.
- You can also top them with any cookie crumbs you have on hand
- Serve them warm for a sticky fingers treat or cold for a more fudgy dessert.
- Serve them hot with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate indulgent treat.