Do you love baking for the holidays? In our family, everyone gets involved in holiday baking, including the dogs. Even if they aren’t always invited in the kitchen, they usually make themselves at home with all the yummy smells, waiting patiently in hopes something yummy falls on the floor. For this reason, I love keeping treats in the kitchen for training or sometimes, giving them a treat just because they are adorable. With cookies starting to be baked for gifts, we have also been making quick and easy cookies for the dogs as well, in the form of gingerbread cookies for dogs.
These easy-to-make treats are completely dog-safe and perfect for allowing your dog to splurge a bit, just like their humans. While I would give the treats in moderation due to the sugar content, they are a delight for every dog who has tried them. Best of all, these gingerbread cookies for dogs are very easy for kids to make, allowing them to help in the kitchen too.
What I love the most about this recipe is that it includes ingredients that are easy to find in just about every kitchen. Just make sure to use a cookie-cutter that is appropriately sized for your dog. While kids may be tempted to use a huge cookie cutter, sometimes smaller is best, especially when it comes to high-value treats like these gingerbread cookies for dogs.
Do you have any favorite Christmas cookie recipes for your pups? Make sure to tell us in the comments below or what your own pup thought of these gingerbread cookies for dogs!
Easy Gingerbread Cookies For Dogs Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Dog Recipe
- 1/4 cup (57 g) Water
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 cup (85 g) Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup (113 g) Organic Molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon (1.4 g) Organic Ground Ginger
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees (325 if convection oven)
- Using a good processor or stand mixer, blend the molasses, ginger, and egg.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add the flour and water, blending until the mixture forms a ball.
- Remove dough from bowl and place onto a well-floured counter or silicone mat. Roll until it is about ¼ inch thick.
- Use your preferred cookie-cutter and place it on a parchment-covered cookie sheet or baking mat. Make sure cookies are placed apart.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.