Are you a pumpkin fanatic? I will freely admit that this time of year, I want everything pumpkin. It’s the one time of year I can enjoy one of my favorite foods and not have to drive my husband insane since he hates anything pumpkin. Lately, however, I have been having a hard time looking for a yummy pumpkin muffin recipe, especially one that I could share with my gluten free friends. To my delight, one of my blogger friends was happy to share with me one of her favorite recipes, that I found absolutely wonderful!
Knowing that some of my readers live a gluten free lifestyle, I was excited when she gave me permission to share this wonderful recipe with you. If you make it, make sure to tell us what we think! We think you will love this recipe just as much as us! What did you think of this gluten free recipe?
Note: Special thanks to my friends Shannon at Livingston Creatives for helping me with this recipe and pictures!
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend (or your preferred gluten free flour)
- ⅔ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ butter, melted
- ½ cup mashed cooked pumpkin (or canned pumpkin)
- ⅓ buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Heat your oven to 400°F.
- While waiting for the oven to preheat, thoroughly grease your preferred muffin pan. This recipe is designed for a standard 12-cup muffin tin, so you are welcome to use baking cups if you like!
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, pumpkin, buttermilk, and egg. Make sure it is mixed thoroughly.
- In a stand mixer, combine the two mixtures. To prevent a mess, we highly recommend adding the dry ingredients slowly. Make sure everything is mixed completely and there are no dry spots.
- Carefully spoon mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins stand for 5 - 10 minutes to cool before removing from the pan.