Are there certain flavors you associate with summer? Growing up, I loved anything that tasted like Creamsicles – you know, the orange and cream tasting frozen pops? While I still like these pops as an adult, my tastes have grown with me. Rather than trying to make similar pops at home, I decided to turn this yummy summer flavor into a moist, orange flavored cupcake! To make this happen, I went to one of my favorite baking friends – Krista from Adventures of a Country Diva.
To my delight, she made the most yummy cupcakes of all and was happy to share the recipe with us (and take some truly awesome pictures). Of course, the best part about these Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes is that they are super easy to make. So easy that you can make them in a half hour or less, allowing you to sit back and relax while your entire house smells like orange cupcakes. This recipe is also great for kids birthday parties since most kids love this classic flavor. To check out our Orange Creamsicle Cupcake Recipe for yourself, make sure to look below and tell us what you think. We would love to hear your thoughts on all of our recipes!Print
Creamsicle Cupcake Recipe
Looking for some fun, summer themed cupcakes? Check out our Creamsicle Cupcake Recipe here!
- Category: Cupcake
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet cream butter (softened)
- 2 TBSP heavy cream
- 2–5 drops of orange food coloring
- 2 drops of orange extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your preferred cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in your stand mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture and the vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Slowly start adding the flour to the butter mixture. We recommend adding only ½ a cup at a time. Mix well.
- Add the milk and orange juice. Mix well.
- Fill cupcake paper cups about ½ full. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes. Allow to cool before icing.
- Using your stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Once icing begins to peak, add heavy cream and orange flavoring. Continue to beat until you have still peaks.
- Divide the icing in half in a separate bowl. Add food coloring to one bowl and return to mixer. Keep the other half white.
- using a pastry bag, add orange icing to one side and white to another. Test to make sure both icing are coming out of the tip at the same time before icing.