Do you love decorating or making fun desserts for patriotic holidays or events? While it may sound a bit crazy, I love baking during the summer. Sure, it means our house gets a bit hot but it’s fun making yummy desserts that everyone will love at an outdoor picnic. I especially love baking for patriotic holidays and getting help making absolutely adorable cupcakes. This year, I decided to make some fun camouflage cupcakes, allowing me to add a fun, patriotic twist to one of our favorite cupcake recipes. The cupcakes are fairly easy to make and best of all, they are quite yummy! I mean, what’s better than having a fun military themed cupcakes on 4th of July, Veterans Day, or even at a war themed birthday party.
Really, the hardest part of this recipe is dealing with the icing, which is more patience than anything else. So, what do you think? Are these adorable patriotic cupcakes or what? Feel free to tell us what you think of our Patriotic Camouflage Cupcake recipe below!
Note: Special thanks to my friends Krista from Adventures of Country Divas for helping me with this recipe and pictures!Print
Patriotic Camouflage Cupcake Recipe
Looking for a yummy cupcake recipe perfect for 4th of July or another patriotic holiday? Check out our delicious Patriotic Camouflage Cupcake Recipe here!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/2 cups sweet cream butter
- 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- food colors
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet cream butter
- 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree and line your cupcake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the butter mixture and then the vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Divide the batter into 3 bowls – one bowl add green food coloring, one bowl brown, and the last bowl black. Stir well.
- Add a spoonful of black batter to the bottom of the cupcake liners. Then a spoonfull of brown, and a spoonful of green. Cupcake liners should be no more than 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until cupcakes are done (toothpick comes out clean).
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the whipping cream and stir until still peaks begin to form. If you are not seeing peaks, add more sugar slowly.
- Divide the frosting into 3 bowls. In one bowl, add 5 drops of green food coloring, in the second 5 drops of black, and the third 5 drops of brown. Keep the last bowl white.
- Begin to add the frostings to a pastry bag with your desired tip.
- Start with adding 1 spoonful of green frosting. With the back of a spoon, flatten the green frosting. Turn the pastry bag .
- Start with adding 1 spoonful of black frosting. With the back of a spoon, flatten the black frosting. Turn the pastry bag .
- Add 1 spoonful of brown frosting. With the back of a spoon, flatten the brown frosting. Turn the pastry bag .
- Add 1 spoonful of green frosting. With the back of a spoon, flatten the green frosting. Turn the pastry bag .
- Add 1 spoonful of white frosting. With the back of a spoon, flatten the white frosting. 10. Test to see that all of the colors comes out before starting to frost your cupcakes. Frost cupcakes & repeat until all the cupcakes are frosted.
Would you like to have your products featured in a giveaway event? Want to increase your social media exposure? Contact email@example.com to see how I can help YOUR company today!