As some of you know, I love to cook. Nothing is more relaxing to me than making a delicious dinner or yummy dessert for my family. Like most people who love to cook, I cherish all my cooking utensils, from my pots and pans, to my bakeware. While I started out with cheap cookware when my husband and I first went out on our own, we are proud to have tools to make cooking easier so I can continue to make yummy dishes, without cleanup being a headache for my husband. One brand I have always depended on, however, is KitchenAid. Not only do they make great stand mixers, but some of the best kitchenware out there, including cast iron pans. Recently, I added a new addition to my kitchen that goes in my top ten favorite baking dishes – the KitchenAid Streamline Cast Iron 3-Quart Casserole!
KitchenAid Streamline Cast Iron 3-Quart Casserole: What is It?
Looking for a quality cast iron casserole dish that can handle high temperatures AND look amazing at the table? If so, we think you will love the KitchenAid Streamline Cast Iron 3-Quart Casserole. This stylish cast iron pan not only looks amazing, but warms evenly and holds heat, making it ideal for slow cooked stews, braised dishes, and even roast. It is also ideal for making cobblers and cornbread! With its porcelain enamel interior coating, it does not require seasoning like typical cast iron pans, and is perfect for cooking in the oven or stove top, making it a must for any kitchen!
KitchenAid Streamline Cast Iron 3-Quart Casserole: Overall
After cooking with this cast iron casserole dish, I have to say I have a new love for cast iron. Normally when I cook casseroles and other dishes in my oven, I know that I have a chance of the corners and some areas being overheated or burned from the pan not heating evenly. As you can see from my Easy Raspberry Cobbler Recipe (listed below), the KitchenAid Streamline Cast Iron 3-Quart Casserole heated evenly, creating a picture perfect casserole. Not only was my cobbler delicious and evenly cooked, but cleanup was a snap too, making this a new favorite pan in our household. Based on our own experience, we are happy to give the KitchenAid Streamline Cast Iron 3-Quart Casserole an A+ rating and highly recommend it to all of our readers!
- 4 Cups of Fresh Raspberries
- ⅔ Cup of White Sugar (divided)
- ½ Cup of All Purpose Flour(*)
- ¾ Cup of Rolled Oats
- ⅓ Cup of Packed Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Cold Butter, Cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. During this time, preheat your preferred baking dish. I use the KitchenAid Streamline Cast Iron 3-Quart Casserole and grease it with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Clean your fresh raspberries thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the white sugar and a ⅓ cup of flour with the fresh raspberries, making sure they are evenly coated. Pour the raspberry mixture into your baking dish. Make sure they are evenly spread out in the dish.
- In another dish, mix together the rolled outs, brown sugar, ⅓ cup of flour, and butter. The mixture when finished should look like coarse crumbs.
- Pour the oat mixture on top of the raspberries. Make sure it is spread over the top evenly.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top looks golden brown.
- * Note: You can also use your own milled flour (which I use & prefer). I use organic whole grain soft white winter wheat ground on the pastry setting in my grain mill.
KitchenAid Streamline Cast Iron 3-Quart Casserole: Where to Purchase
Would you like to purchase this awesome cast iron dish for yourself or someone in your family? You can buy the KitchenAid Streamline Cast Iron 3-Quart Casserole on Amazon.com from $70 – $99, depending on what color you choose. It is currently available in the following colors:
- Autumn Glimmer
- Curacao Blue
- Empire Red
- Spring Blue (featured in this review)
- Onyx Black
- Plum Zen
Disclosure: Budget Earth did not receive monetary compensation but did receive products for review purposes. All opinions on this product are my own and may differ from our readers’ opinions.
Would you like to have your products featured in a giveaway event? Want to increase your social media exposure? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see how I can help YOUR company today!