I don’t know about you, but I’ve been amazed at all the amazing fruit deals lately at Kroger. Not just any fruit, berries. You can tell winter is officially over when fresh blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries are once again affordably priced. Lately, I have been making a lot of fun berry desserts, ranging from berried oatmeal in my slow cooker to cobblers. Not only that, but I’ve been making the most delightful cupcakes. I don’t know what it is, but spring is one of those times I like to bake to my heart’s content and make the house smell like wonderful baked treats. That being said, it sometimes isn’t good for my husband or my waistlines, but it seems like a great sacrifice in the name of making delicious goodies for us and our family, don’t you think?
Of course, I had to take advantage of these deals and try making a yummy cupcake recipe. While I found using jam for this one was a bit easier, the results were delightful. These yummy Raspberry Lime Cupcakes are truly out of this world and are a wonderful mix of sweet flavors. The raspberry icing is really just the icing on the cake (no pun intended). Best of all, they are very easy to make, something that is a big deal to me since I hate dealing with complicated cake recipes. Just think how fun it would be to serve these to friends or at your next play date? Personally, I can’t wait to make these for the rest of my family during our next gathering. I can see these cupcakes being an instant hit!
I am so confident that I am sharing this awesome recipe with all of you first. We think you will love this delicious Raspberry Lime Cupcake Recipe. If you try this recipe, make sure to tell us what you think in the comment below!
Note: Special thanks to my friends Krista from Adventures of Country Divas for helping me with this recipe and pictures!
- Cupcake Ingredients
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 C sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ C Buttermilk
- 1½ Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Lime zest
- ¾ C butter unsalted
- 5 C powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp Raspberry Jam
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all-purpose flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to the flour and whisk place to the side.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer using a paddle, whip together butter, sugar until pale and fluffy
- Mix in egg, one at a time, add in the vanilla and mix
- In the liquid measuring cup add buttermilk,and Lime Juice, and Lime zest mix all together
- Mix all ingredients together by adding ⅓ of the flour mixture then add ½ of the buttermilk mixture and mix until it's all mixed together.
- Fill 12 paper lined muffin cups only to ¾ full so you may get more than 12
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted the center cupcake comes out clean, about 18 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes
- Chill the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, whip butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar, butter, Jam and lemon juice all at once
- Set on Low speed and mix increasing to Med. slowly
- Continue to mix till the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and top with a Raspberry