While I am not a huge fan of peanut butter, my husband loves it. Maybe its the fact that I have a mild peanut allergy, but that it doens’t really stop me from making some yummy treats for him. With it being Girl Scout cookie season, I have been trying to figure out fun ways to get our cookies lasting just a little bit longer. As some of you know, that sometimes a bit impossible with these yummy cookies. Luckily, one of my friends came up with the perfect dessert that doesn’t just use Tagalongs but similar cookies.
What shocked me more was that this recipe was super easy to make and had the approval of everyone in my household. If you are looking for a yummy dessert that doesn’t end with you eating an entire box of these cookies. Make sure to tell what you think of this yummy Tagalong Trifle Dessert below!
Note: Special thanks to my friends Krista from Adventures of Country Divas for helping me with this recipe and pictures!Print
Tagalong Trifle Dessert Recipe
Looking for a yummy peanut butter recipe your whole family will love? Check out our Tagalong Trifle Dessert recipe here!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Triffle
- 2 boxes of Tagalongs or Grocery Chocolate Peanut Butter type of cookie (crumbled)
- 4 cups vanilla pudding (recipe included if want homemade) OR 1 Box of 5.1 oz. Vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups milk ( do not use milk if using a pudding box )
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup of homemade whipped cream
- 1 cup of homemade whipped cream (set aside for garnishing)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Using a medium saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until it starts bubbling around the edge of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Pour into the mixture into the hot milk and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Continue to stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens. It is finished when it coats the back of the spoon. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and butter.
- Chill before serving or using in this recipe.
- Combine already prepared pudding and milk. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla to the pudding mixture. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
- Start layering the mixture in a trifle dish. Before starting, set a 1/4 of the crumbled cookies aside. Layer cookie crumbes and then pudding mixture. repeat until mixture is gone.
- Top the trifle with the remaining whipped cream and crumbled cookies. Serve cold.