Do you love cookies? In our household, we all look forward to when I make homemade, still warm cookies. With winter being here, however, I wanted to try something a little different. I have always loved ginger snaps and have been struggling to find a recipe that is not only tasty, but fairly easy to make . Lately, I found a ginger snap recipe that isn’t just a tasty base, but also dipped in white chocolate! I have been playing with this recipe and found that is great for entertaining or as gifts! We think your family will love this cookie recipe just as much as ours!
If you don’t like white chocolate (my husband detests it) I found it works great with dark chocoalte, milk chocolate, and even semi sweet chocolate! For more fun, consider melting different types of chocolates and let the kids dip each cookie themselves!
Note: Special thanks to my friends Shannon at Livingston Creatives for helping me with this recipe and pictures!Print
WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED GINGER SNAP COOKIES
Looking for a delicious holiday cookie recipe? We think everyone in your family will love these WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED GINGER SNAP COOKIES!
- Yield: 2 dz 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
- With a stand or hand mixer, mix together the melted butter, 1 cup of white sugar, and egg.
- Add molasses to the mixture. Make sure the mixture is mixed well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. Stir until well mix.
- Cover, and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls, and roll them in the remaining white sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until tops are cracked. Cool on wire racks.
- Melt white chocolate. Dip half of each ginger snap cookie into white chocolate and lay flat on parchment paper to allow chocolate to harden.