Disclosure: This guest post was written by Kendra – owner of When’s My Vacation. Susan wants to give a big thanks for providing this awesome article while she is away on vacation!
Do you like brownies? Do you like chocolate chip cookies? If you said yes, then you will LOVE a Chocolate Chip Brookie. I have been making these for years and my family can never get enough of them. I usually make a double batch and use a 9 x 13 baking dish, and even then they are all gone within 24 hours. When you have 2 teenage boys, 2 little girls, and a husband treats like this tend go really fast!
My husband likes his finished product a little warm with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!Print
Chocolate Chip Brookie Recipe
Do you like chocolate chip cookies & brownies? Have this best of both worlds with this delicious Brookie Recipe!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Brownie Base Ingredients
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (we use a sugar substitute)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour (we use wheat)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa
- 3/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Ingredients
- 3/4 cup sugar (we use a sugar substitute)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (we use a sugar substitute)
- 1 tea pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup flour (we use wheat)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate chips
Brownie Base Directions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan
- Mix oil, sugar and vanilla with a spoon (not a mixer)
- Add eggs, one at a time and incorporate each one until combined
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa in a different bowl
- Add the dry mix to the egg mixing with spoon until combined
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Directions
- Using a spoon mix the sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt
- Add chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon scoop cookie dough onto the top of the brownie mix. Scoops should be 2 inches apart covering the brownie mix. Some will slightly sink into the brownie mix and that is okay.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. WATCH THE OVEN! Every oven heats at a different temp and can take a different amount of time. I usually start testing my Brookies at 25 minutes and then every 2 to 3 minutes after that until a toothpick inserted about 2 inches from the edge of the pan comes out almost clean. You do not want to over cook these!
Disclosure: This was a guest post given to Budget Earth. If you would like to read more written by Kendra, make sure to head over to When’s My Vacation. There was no compensation received by Budget Earth or When’s My Vacation for this post.
Would you like to have your products featured in a giveaway event? Want to increase your social media exposure? Contact email@example.com to see how I can help YOUR company today!