With the holiday nearly here, many of us want to enjoy some time with friends and family. Like many people, I love the idea of sitting down with them and exchanging fun gifts. As I’ve gotten older, however, I have moved more to giving homemade gifts, such as cookies, bath products, or even mixes. I have found that some of the best gifts were actually homemade baked goods since…well…who doesn’t like getting yummy cookies? Even though many people love my chocolate cherry cookies, I do have some people on my gift list who don’t like chocolate. To my delight one of my friends recently shared with me this yummy recipe, perfect for those who want something different from the traditional chocolate holiday cookies!
After hearing the success these cookies had with her, I knew I had to try these cookies for myself. The results were so good I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with all of my readers! With the size of this batch I found it was perfect for filling two small tins, making it the perfect holiday gift for two friends!
Note: Special thanks to my friends Shannon at Livingston Creatives for helping me with this recipe and pictures!Print
CRANBERRY TEA COOKIES RECIPE
Looking for a delicious recipe for the holidays? Check out our CRANBERRY TEA COOKIES RECIPE here!
- Prep Time: 2 hours 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 mins
- Yield: 35 - 40 1x
- Category: dessert
- 2 sticks salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3/4 chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup extra sugar
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Once thoroughly mixed, add milk and vanilla.
- Add cranberries to the mix and pecans (if choose to do so).
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a count and roll into 2 logs (about 8 x 1 ½”),
- Cover and chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator or freezer for 30-60 minutes. Dough should be firm when finished.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice cookies about 1/4” thick. Roll edges of cookies in sugar.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- When finished, allow to cool and serve.