On weekends I usually try to make something fun to eat for my family. Even though we both work from home, it feels like we never have time during the week to make a fun breakfast. Normally it is usually a bagel or cereal, which is far from fun in my opinion. Recently I was introduced to a yummy breakfast recipe that is super easy to make, and great for those weekends where you have things planned but want to have a hot breakfast at the table. When I saw how easy this recipe was, I honestly couldn’t believe it, especially since it is similar to breakfast sandwiches sold at certain restaurants. To say the least, we were impressed with this simple breakfast sandwich and couldn’t wait to share it with our readers!
Note: Special thanks to my friends Shannon at Livingston Creatives for helping me with this recipe and pictures!
- 4 cups shredded hash browns, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400˚.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and hash browns. Mix with salt and pepper.
- Grease the muffin tin you want to use for these muffins.
- Fill each of the cups in the muffin tin ¾ of the way full with hash browns. Now, press down the hash browns as tightly as you can in each of the cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until they are starting to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350˚.
- Take half of the shredded cheese and sausage crumbles. Sprinkle it on the cups.
- Whisk the eggs together and fill the cups until almost full.
- Top with the second half of cheese and sausage.
- Bake until eggs are set (approx. 20-25 minutes). Serve warm.
- These muffins are freezer friendly. Just store in the freezer once cooled. Microwave before serving.