Sometimes, it’s nice having quick recipes when you are in a hurry. With our busy schedules I sometimes feel like we go for fast food too quickly, especially burgers. To save money and cut back on greasy, unhealthy food, I have been trying to find more recipes that are not only easy to make, but don’t take a great deal of time. I especially love recipes that I can do some prep ahead of time by throwing things in a bag and then throwing it in a pot later. One of my friends actually introduced me to this super easy, ‘sloppy joe’ or ground beef pocket recipe. Not only is it easy but fairly inexpensive! We are pretty certain your family will like this recipe just as much as ours!
Note: Special thanks to my friends Shannon at Livingston Creatives for helping me with this recipe and pictures!Print
Easy Sloppy Joe Pockets
Looking for a quick & easy dinner recipe? We are certain your family will love our Sloppy Joe Pockets Recipe!
- Yield: 8
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of 8 refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- On medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper in a skillet.
- Drain off excess water & grease.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar. Make sure to mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Press each biscuit into 6-inch round.
- Spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture and about 1 tablespoon cheese onto center of each biscuit round. Do not overfill.
- Fold dough in half over filling; use a fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.