How many of you love Girl Scout cookies? I will freely admit, I am a huge fan of Samoa cookies. While I may not be pleased about how the price gets higher each year, they are still a guilty pleasure, especially after doing our taxes. My problem, however, is that the cookies never seem to last in our house. It seems that an entire box is gone without 5 minutes! While they are tasty, this isn’t good for our stomachs or wallets. In other words, we had to find a way to make the box last longer and still make it a treat that perks us up. Luckily, I found the perfect solution -brownies.
As someone who has always been a big fan of brownies, this brings eating a brownie to a whole new level. Not only are they tasty, but pretty easy to make too. While they may not be the cheapest brownies in the world, they are worth it when it comes to overall flavor and if you really want to impress others while you are entertaining. In this household, however, one brownie seems a lot less guilty inducing eating an entire box of Girl Scout Cookies!
To try this yummy Girl Scout Samoa Brownie Recipe out for yourself, check out the recipe below! If you make it yourself, make sure to tell us what you think!
Note: Special thanks to my friends Krista from Adventures of Country Divas for helping me with this recipe and pictures!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 15 Samoa cookies (crumbled or blended to small chunks)
- 1 Jar of Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor, break up the cookies into small pieces or large crumbs.
- With a stand mixer, cream the butter sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the creamed butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add salt, cocoa, and flour to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly add ¾ of your crumbled cookies into the batter. Mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Once the brownies are cooled completely, drizzle with caramel sauce and what is left of the Samoa crumbles.