While I do buy them sometimes when we travel, I am not a huge fan of buying dog treats. Many of the dog treats on the market contain ingredients I couldn’t even imagine feeding to my dog. To me, dogs deserve to have treats that contain not only healthy ingredients, but are made to be yummy to humans as well. Let’s face it, dogs love table scraps because they taste good and aren’t boring like their own dog food. Since it’s hard to find treats that meet our criteria for Reya, I usually heat up the oven and make my own. Not only does she love them but they are much cheaper than the ‘natural’ treats you can normally buy at the store.
Lately, I have been experimenting with a variety of different dog treat recipes. While I know she loves my normal recipe, that doesn’t mean there isn’t a better one out there. Besides, who wants to eat the same treat all the time? This recipe was actually suggested to me by The Honest Kitchen. After trying out their dehydrated dog food, I was excited to try this recipe. After trying this recipe with their Pro-Bloom Deyhydrated Goats Milk, I have to say. Best of all, Reya went wild over these treats, making them a big win in our household!
- 2 Tablespoons of Chia Seed
- 6 oz Water (for Chia seeds)
- 1½ Cups Water
- 2 Packets of Honest Kitchen's Pro-Bloom Dehydrated Goats Milk
- 1½ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 6 Tablespoons Sunflower Butter or Almond Butter
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a cup, mix together the chia seeds and water. Let sit until it start to firm up. Set the chia gel aside.
- In a stand mixer, mix together all the ingredients listed above, including the chia gel.
- Roll cookies in a ball and flatten on a cookie sheet. If you want to be more creative, roll out dog cookies and use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes. As a warning, these will be soft cookies.
- Let cool and then serve!
Would you like to try making these awesome treats for your pet? Make sure to check back later this week for our Pro-Bloom Deyhydrated Goats Milk giveaway! If you have tried these treats and like them, make sure to tell us below!
Disclosure: Budget Earth did not receive compensation but did receive products for testing purposes for this recipe. All opinions on this product are my own and may differ from our readers’ opinions.
Would you like to have your products featured in a giveaway event? Want to increase your social media exposure? Contact email@example.com to see what we can do for your company!